Our Governing Body have an active role within our school. Many of them attend during the school day to support staff. This can take many forms which include meeting staff, reading with children or supporting within classrooms.
Our latest Ofsted inspection commented that:
- Leaders and governors know the school well. They have an accurate view of its strengths and weaknesses and are quick to put detailed plans into place to tackle those areas in need of improvement.
- Governors and leaders have successfully established a shared ethos and vision throughout the school.
The primary purpose of our schools Governing Body is to ensure the quality of the education provision. When carrying out their responsibilities, our governing body acts in the interests of the children and young people in the school and in the wider community. Our Full Governing Body meet termly.
The role of the governing body is to:
- set the strategic direction, vision and ethos of the school
- monitor and challenge the progress of the school in achieving its priorities
- recruit and performance manage the Head Teacher
- exercise employer responsibility
- ensure the school(s) meet its statutory responsibilities
- ensure financial probity
- ensure the premises are well managed
- report to the school’s stakeholders
Here at Ulverley school we have 5 categories of Governors who help us run our school.
- 6 Co-Opted Governors who are appointed by the Governing Body
- The Head Teacher
- 1 Local Authority Governor who is nominated by the Local Authority and appointed by the Governing Body. This Governor cannot be a member of the school staff
- 5 Parent Governors who are parents or carers of a child registered at school and were elected by parents
- One Staff Governor who is elected by the school staff from teachers and support staff within school.
- The Governing body on occasions may also wish to appoint associate members to fill identified skills gaps as and when required.
Our Governing Body
We currently have Governor vacancies for both parents and co-opted. If you feel that you have skills or experience that can enhance our Governing Board please contact the school office.